Friday, December 8

Canberra landscape diptych




This is a variation on the larger triptych discussed in October.

Each panel 12" x 16" and originally it was to be a triptych in those smaller panels, but I knicked one of the panels for the portrait of the 4 year old. As it turned out the two panels were exactly right for what I had in mind and quick to do. They took about three hours, and without preparatory drawings, only a rough charcoal outline on the canvas. Whereas the larger triptych seems to have taken months of planning - photos, the working drawings and draft paintings and finally to paint over maybe over a four weeks period. Probably took two months over all.

Given the ease of this I think I will produce a few more Canberra landscapes on this theme and experiment with paint application. In this one it is not clear to someone unfamiliar with the landscape that Lake Burley Griffin is in the middle ground, Lake George in the background and Black Mountain Tower on the little hill at the far top left of the first panel.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well is this one for sale?

ziji said...

You're quick and must be a regular reader - thank you. Yes I will sell these on commission. Please email me direct from My Profile area.